DirtRippers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeEventsLatest imagesSearchRegisterTHE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN 15fqg5j_thLog in

THE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Male Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-01-14

THE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN Empty
PostSubject: THE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN   THE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 2:01 pm

THE 5TH ANNUAL MIKE SAMPSON MEMORIAL FOR THE ULTIMATE MOV SLMS BEGINS THE 2019 TOUR AT I-77 SPEEDWAY FOR $3,000 TO WIN

CARNESVILLE, GA - The ULTIMATE Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series powered by Chew On This – Jerky will bring the regional stars of dirt track racing to I-77 Speedway in Fairplain WV on Friday May 3rd for the 5th Annual Mike Sampson Memorial. This will be the first trip of two to I-77 Speedway ran by the Garnes family by the ULTIMATE MOV Regional Tour under the director of Robbie Cyrus. The race will sport a $16,000 purse which includes a winner’s check of $3,000 and a starting pay of $400. The drivers will also be running for a provisional spot in the first ever running of the Battle for the Mountaineer Musket weekend at I-77 Speedway Friday, June 21st and concluding at Florence Speedway June 22nd. The provisional will be for the Friday show at I 77 Speedway.

Mike Sampson was a patriarc in dirt late model racing at I-77 Speedway driving his open trailer up the interstate from his hometown of Belle WV. They Yellow #7 will always be remembered by drivers and fans for years to come. Mike was loved by all and will always be missed at the speedway. The 1st Mike Sampson Memorial was ran in 2013 under the ADRA series win race long leader Doug Drown would have trouble and eventually be past by Chris Garnes for the win. In 2014, Tyler Carpenter was putting on a tear in the MOV and would clain the Sampson Memorial that year. In 2015, Chris Garnes would become the only two time winner of the event. 2016 and 2017 the race wasn't ran. Opening last year in 2018, Derek Doll of Pennsboro, WV would claim his first Sampson Memorial feature. Who will become the 5th winner of this great event.

ULTIMATE MOV believes in making the show as fan friendly as possible. The ULTIMATE Fan Experience will come to I-77 Speedway with an autograph and meet the driver session at the fan tent. Also the Fans can participate in the ULTIMATE Fan Dash. For $5 a chance, the top 6 fastest drivers from qualifying will be teamed up with 6 fans drawn from the chances purchased. The fans sponsor the dash so all the money in the pot will be tallied and split between the fan and winning driver of the ULTIMATE Fan Dash. Last year the Fan Dash was the biggest of all with Tyler Carpenter winner $490 and a lucky fan taking home $490. This is one of the most popular parts of the show and one lucky fan that wins will go onto the front stretch and present the money to the driver and the driver will present their money to them.

The show consists of 2 laps of hotlap/qualifying, 8 lap heats, an 8 lap ULTIMATE Fan Dash, 12 lap B-Mains and the 5th Annual Mike Sampson Memorial 40 Lap Feature.

Again, we thank I-77 Speedway and the Garnes family for being part of the ULTIMATE MOV Family of tracks and look forward to many more events in the future.

You can find I 77 Speedway at their Facebook page at I-77 Speedway or their website at www.racei77speedway.com

Check out the official website for the ULTIMATE Mid Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series at www.ultimatesupers.com/MOVHome.html , and continue to follow our social media networks on Facebook at ULTIMATE Mid Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series and on Twitter @MOVSupers to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

The 2019 marketing partners for the ULTIMATE MOV Late Model Series are Chew On This - Jerky, VP Race Fuels, VP Racing Lubricants, Hoosier Racing Tire, American Racer Tires, Kryptonite Race Cars, Impact Race Gear, Martel Sign Company, DirtonDirt.Com, Genesis Racing Shocks, Walker Performance Filtration, Superior Bearing and Supply, TruForm Race Products, Speed51.com, Rod End Supply, and Thomas Clarke Performance

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1