DirtRippers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeEventsLatest imagesSearchRegister201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season 15fqg5j_thLog in

201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Male Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-01-14

201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season Empty
PostSubject: 201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season   201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 8:06 pm

201 Speedway is Excited to Welcome Jim Ison as the New Technical Inspector for the 2018 Season

Sitka, Kentucky (April 2, 2018) Promoters Steve and Stan Howard are pleased that Jim Ison has accepted the role of Technical Inspector for 2018. We really are excited and think that Jim with all his experience and knowledge that he has gather through the years as driver/owner will be a great addition to the team here at 201, stated Steve Howard.

After 25 + years of racing, Jim Ison said he has decided to retire as an owner/driver. When asked about the position as Technical Inspector, Ison stated, "I am currently looking for opportunities to remain in the sport I love in a different way, and when the position opened at 201 Kim and I thought this would be a great way to be able to remain in racing. We know and understand that this is a very difficult and important element to any tracks success and will do our best to perform the duties as required".

"I believe I will fit in very well with the 201 Speedway staff", Ison says. "Obviously I know the most about the KDRA Super Stock class. I was part of the group of racers that developed the class", stated Ison

"During my racing career I have also raced and assembled Late Models and Open Wheel Modifieds so I have a pretty good understanding of those cars and most of the rules governing those classes. I have heard of recent changes within the rules packages of these cars as well as the Fastrac Crate Class. Rules seem to change yearly and I look forward to the challenge of learning the details of those changes as the 201 Speedway Technical Inspector.

I believe the Sport Mod class could be developed into a much needed economical V8 class with better Tech inforcement.
The class that would be the greatest challenge for me, or anyone else for that matter to tech is by far the KDRA Mini Stock class. This is due to the fact that everyone builds these cars differently since they are mostly home built cars.

201 Thanks our Sponsors: Tim Short Auto Group, Hi-Tech Signs and Graphics, Napa Auto Parts, Carquest Auto Parts, Rock Auto, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Parkway Pharmacy, Tomahawk Transport, Magoffin County Funeral Home, Ky. Farm Bureau "Doug Greene Agent", Logan Corporation, May's Carpet, Pop's Chevrolet Buick, Foothills Communications, The Mountain Companies, Johnny Minix Tire of Ky., Holbrook & Son Trucking, Jr. Hunley Trucking, Frito Rocks, LLC

www.201speedway.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1