DirtRippers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeEventsLatest imagesSearchRegisterINAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY 15fqg5j_thLog in

INAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Male Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-01-14

INAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY Empty
PostSubject: INAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY   INAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm

INAUGURAL ULTIMATE DEEP SOUTH RACE ANNOUNCED FOR AUGUST 23RD AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY

CARNESVILLE, GA - The ULTIMATE Deep South is pleased to announce that the inaugural series event will be held on Friday, August 23, 2019 at ShowTime Speedway in Many, LA. The 30 Lap feature will pay $2,500 to win and $400 to start. The $4,000 to win Dixie Dash that was slated to be the inaugural event of the ULTIMATE Deep South series at ECM Speedway was postponed by rain in April. A suitable makeup date that was good for both the track and series did not materialize when looking at the existing schedules of other tracks and race series.

“I am very thankful to Jeremy Dillard for the opportunity to showcase the ULTIMATE brand of Super Late Model Racing and for jumping on board for what will now be the very first race for the ULTIMATE Deep South.” – Series Director, Brian Frazier responded when asked his thoughts on the announcement. Mr. Frazier went on to say “This has been an interesting ride to say the least since I stepped into the Series Director role in March. There were some challenges to overcome and I knew early on that having a “Standard Tour” in 2019 was going to be difficult at best to put together. I was getting a late start for that to materialize and in talking with D.J. we decided to focus on trying to get some races in this year to reboot the series while working on a full schedule for next year. Then throw on top of that my son was graduating High School and getting ready to leave for college this August, my day job became pretty hectic, and well March seems like it was just a few days ago and not 4 months.” When asked for comment about ULTIMATE coming to Showtime Speedway Jeremy Dillard responded “I am excited to host the event and I look forward to not only this race, but next year and beyond. I believe the ULTIMATE brand and the opportunities from a marketing perspective will help both ShowTime Speedway and Late Model racing in our area.”

The ULTIMATE Deep South Series has also addressed some concerns that tracks in the region had expressed regarding the purse structures.

“In talking with race tracks, especially as you come west of the Mississippi river it became clear that the standard 24-car starting field was a hurdle even with the minimum purse. The racing environment from tracks to race teams has taken a significant hit from the economy at every level. We had race tracks where it wasn’t as big a concern as others, so in the end we elected to alter things slightly”.

The first change the ULTIMATE Deep South Series implemented was lowering the standard A Main field size to 20 cars from 24, with the 11th – 20th starters still receiving a minimum $400 to start with any additional cars that are added to the starting grid receiving $400 as well. The second change was adding a $2,500 To-Win/$400 to start to the existing $3,000 To-Win/$400 and up starting purses.

“Those 2 changes are what re-energized talks with tracks and in talking with drivers they all understood where racing was economically now and they were supportive of it. Look, they all want to race for the most they can, these cars aren’t cheap to operate for sure, but they understood, and I applaud them for it. The total purse difference between the $2,500 and $3,000 To Win shows is about $1,300, but it does help the risk factor for race tracks in booking a larger event. It doesn’t read like much, but to a promoter in this current environment it can be. I believe we will be announcing at least one additional race in the next few weeks and we are already working on the 2020 schedule.”

The ULTIMATE Deep South Purse for ShowTime Speedway will be the following:

1.) $2,500 2.) $1,250 3.) $900 4.) $700 5.) $600 6.) $550 7.) $500 8.) $475 9.) $450 10.) $425 11 – 20.) $400.

If you have any questions about the event, please contact Series Director Brian Frazier by phone at (318) 588-8355 or by email at brian@fastrakracing.com .

ShowTime Speedway is located at 470 Long Road, Many, LA. 71449.

Check out the official website for the ULTIMATE Deep South Super Late Model Series at www.ultimatesupers.com/DSHome.html , and continue to follow our social media networks on Facebook at ULTIMATE Deep South Super Late Model Series and on Twitter @UDS_Supers to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

The ULTIMATE Deep South Super Late Model Series would like to recognize their marketing partners which include: American Racer Tires, Hoosier Race Tires, VP Race Fuels, VP Racing Lubricants, Simpson, Arizona Sport Shirts, Thomas Clarke Performance, and Speed51.com .

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1