DirtRippers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeEventsLatest imagesSearchRegister"HILLBILLY DELUXE" PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAMILY WITH TOCCOA WIN 15fqg5j_thLog in

"HILLBILLY DELUXE" PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAMILY WITH TOCCOA WIN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Male Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-01-14

"HILLBILLY DELUXE" PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAMILY WITH TOCCOA WIN Empty
PostSubject: "HILLBILLY DELUXE" PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAMILY WITH TOCCOA WIN   "HILLBILLY DELUXE" PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAMILY WITH TOCCOA WIN Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 1:45 pm

TOCCOA, GA - Matthew Long kicked off the 2019 FASTRAK Racing Series powered by Chevrolet Performance season in dominant fashion, taking the 38 Special at Toccoa Raceway (GA) and paying tribute to his father & Uncle in the process.

"Hillbilly Deluxe" led the lion’s share of the 38-lap feature at the "Fastest 1,650 Feet of Dirt in Georgia," moving to the lead from his second-place starting spot after a heat race win. In victory lane, Long was ecstatic to pick up the win in front of a raucous crowd that was on its feet from qualifying all the way through the feature event.

"First off, I've got to say I love this place," said Long. "The way it races, I love the fans, a lot of energy. I love coming here."

Long was also happy to take his throwback design honoring his father & uncle's victory lane in its first appearance.

I couldn’t be happier, said Long. "To run this paint scheme this year, honor my family and all the racing we did when I was younger. This is a great night."

Those guys race good good. The 4 car of Matthew Nance, Jensen Ford, they race clean, they race good. When we rub it's just racing. I know we led every lap, but it had to be a pretty good show behind me. I’m not in race-shape yet, I'm huffing and puffing.

Peyton Freeman finished second, taking the runner-up spot from 2018 FASTRAK Racing Series champion Matthew Nance on restart with 10 laps to go after Nicholas Dietz had stalled on the racetrack.

Nance opted for the outside line on the restart to take a shot at Long for the win. However, this opened the door for Freeman, who capitalized on his shot in the lower line to move into second.

"The top wasn’t really there at the start, but we kept trying to clean it off," said Freeman. "That last restart, I decided to try something different, I wish I had gone there sooner."

"We could have run second easily if we had just chosen the inside," said Nance about the late-race decision. "It's hard on that choice to leave the outside open, because you can’t ever tell. We had to take the outside and take our chances."

2018 FASTRAK East Coast Rumble winner Carson Ferguson finished fourth, while Drew Collins rounded out the top five.

Race fans who missed Saturday's FASTRAK season opener can relive the action on Speed51 with our on-demand of our live broadcast from Toccoa Raceway. Click here to watch the replay of the race, available to Speed51 Network Premium Members.

Fans can also click here to see our Race Day Now updates from Toccoa Raceway, as well as the ULTIMATE Southeast Super Late Model Series event at Friendship Motor Speedway. Stay tuned to Speed51 for highlights from Saturday's feature races from both events.

The FASTRAK Racing Series returns to action April 20 for their $3,000-to-win feature at the “King of the Commonwealth.” That event will also include the ULTIMATE Southeast Super Late Model Series competing for a $20,000 payday.

Full Results - Fastrak Racing Series Toccoa Raceway 4/6/19

Feature Results

1 - Matt Long
2 - Peyton Freeman
3 - Matthew Nance
4 - Carson Ferguson
5 - Drew Collins
6 - Blake Craft
7 - Hunter Stinnett
8 - Corey Almond
9 - Bubba Pollard
10 - Nicholas Dietz
11 - Nick Schlager
12 - Clayton Turner
13 - Sylvan Schuette
14 - David McCoy
15 - Jensen Ford
16 - Dale Timms
17 - Frankie Beard
18 - Brad York
19 - Adam Smith

DNS - Banjo Duke
DNS - Joshua Bishop

Entrants: 21
Feature Laps: 38
Fast Qualifier: Clayton Turner 12.845
Feature Winner: Matt Long
Heat 1 Winner: Peyton Freeman
Heat 2 Winner: Matt Long
Heat 3 Winner: Clayton Turner

HEAT 1

1) Peyton Freeman; 2) Blake Craft; 3) Carson Ferguson; 4) Adam Smith; 5) Corey Almond

HEAT 2

1) Matt Long; 2) Matthew Nance; 3) Bubba Pollard; 4) Nick Schlager; 5) Hunter Stinnett; 6) Nicholas Dietz; 7) Brad York

HEAT 3

1) Clayton Turner; 2) Jensen Ford; 3) David McCoy; 4) Drew Collins; 5) Dale Timms; 6) Frankie Beard; 7) Sylvan Schuette

QUALIFYING

HRE Motorsports "Challenge the Clock" Quick Qualifier: Clayton Turner 12.845

GROUP #1

1) F1 Peyton Freeman 13.027; 2) 00 Carson Ferguson 13.093; 3) 2 Blake Craft 13.108; 14 Adam Smith 13.268; 4) J1 Joshua Bishop 13.303; 5) 7A Corey Almond 13.368

GROUP #2

1) 26 Bubba Pollard 13.079; 2) 55 Matt Long 13.256; 3) 4 Matthew Nance 13.284; 4) 22 Nick Schlager 13.366; 5) 22 Nick Dietz 13.441; 6) 5S Hunter Stinett 13.550; 7) 4Y Brad York 14.219

GROUP #3

1) 102 Clayton Turner 12.845; 2) 43 Frankie Beard 13.081; 3) 83 Jensen Ford 13.108; 187 David McCoy 13.120; 4) D5 Drew Collins 13.212; 5) 07 Dale Timms 13.212; 6) 14S Sylvan Schuette

Story by Zach Evans, Speed51.com Southeast Editor & additional information from FASTRAK PR Wesley Outland

Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_SE and/or @FASTRAK_MOV on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

The 2019 marketing partners for the FASTRAK Racing Series are Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, AFCO “The official shock of the FASTRAK Racing Series”, VP Racing Fuel “The official fuel of FASTRAK”, VP Racing Lubricants, Speed51.com “The official video home of FASTRAK”, Basey’s Site Work, LLC, TNT Race Cars, Arizona Sport Shirts, Simpson Safety Equipment, Rockauto.com, and Thomas Clarke Performance.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DirtRippers :: Series Forums :: FASTRAK Racing Series-
Jump to: